Storytelling is the oldest and most powerful method we humans have for transferring knowledge, morals and support to each other and to future generations. Our exclusive Storytelling Moments(c) program protects and preserves your unique treasures – your stories – because your legacy is about so much more than your bank account.
The hopes, dreams and struggles of our parents, grandparents and great-grandparents root and support us. They are instruction manuals for how to persevere, love, forgive and be more resilient. Whether your family is related to you by blood, by choice or by both – your story is valuable, interesting and can be told only by you.
I am so excited to be your partner in making sure your story gets told.
Talk with our office to get a link to schedule your Storytelling Moment
Step 2: Think about a lesson or event that you want your loved ones to know about or understand better. Or pick 1 or 2 prompts from the list at the bottom of the page.
Before your Storytelling Moment. Make sure that you have:
— at least 10 minutes before settle into a calm, quiet space
— the Zoom meeting app installed your device with a camera and microphone
— a reliable internet connection and a quiet place away from other people and windows with street noise
Log into Zoom at the scheduled time
Storytelling Moments Prompts
Pick 1 or 2
- What are some of the most important lessons you’ve learned in life?
- Tell about someone who has had a big influence in your life.
- Tell about a time when you felt most alone.
- If you could hold on to one memory from your life forever, which would it be?
- How has your life been different than what you’d imagined?
- What is your best memory of childhood? Worst?
- Do you have any favorite stories from your childhood?
- As a child, did you have a favorite relative? Why or why not?
“After nourishment, shelter and companionship, stories are the thing we need most in the world.”.